By Judy and Mike Corwin
This week of November 16-22 is Rotary Gratefulness Week! Join the Rotary Districts of Zone 26/27 as we say thank you to our essential workers!
Being an essential worker during this pandemic means potentially exposing themselves and their families to COVID-19 while performing their job duties. Essential workers are having to deal with new stresses of adding physical distancing measures to their jobs, shifting work hours, changing childcare needs with school closures among many other challenges, all while serving our community. They are making sure there is food, water, electricity, trash, sanitation services, and health care services. Suggested ways to celebrate essential workers:
- Coordinate a vehicle parade to drive past their business location.
- Decorate the vehicle with thank you signs. Be sure to follow the rules of the road.
- Provide meals for the late shift at the hospital, police department, fire department, etc.
- Hand out gift cards to local restaurants, bakeries, coffee shops.
- Provide needed personal protective equipment.
- Hand out appreciation cards (business card size) with club logo
- Take out an ad in the local newspaper appreciating essential workers.
- Send thank you cards to the businesses with essential workers
Encourage Rotarians to participate and take photos of their celebrations. Share those photos on your District and Club social media pages, and with your District Governor, who will in turn share the photos with our Rotary International Director and Vice President Johrita Solari. For more information, contact District 5280 Governor Bette Hall at email@example.com.